Tuesday 1 July 2014

Something a bit different...

I Got Bored.

In this section random pieces will be posted which have been done at times when not much else is really going on. The first piece was inspired by Tim Burton. His style is really unique to him and can be defined very quickly. I wanted to be able to replicate that look in a way that would be recognisable as a Tim Burton piece. For this I took one of my favourite pokemon as I thought this would be a good base for a Tim Burton-esque creature and it also gave me the added challenge of having something which would still be recognisable as what it is. I started researching into this idea to find that 'hat boy' had already designed some pokemon in this style.




I aimed to keep with the theme 'Hat boy' Used as I felt he had a good understanding of the Tim Burton style. However I did use work directly from Tim Burton as my main influence as that was my original style plan. 






It took me a fair bit of playing around with brushes/ techniques in Photoshop because I really wanted to replicate that ink and water colour look within Tim Burtons work. Achieving this look digitally was a challenge but one I was eager to face head on as I've wanted to experiment with different textures and brush strokes within my work and this was a good learning experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Pages